Our Boarding Services & General Information
- To minimize the stress on your pet we ask that you bring an adequate supply of their regular food at the time of drop off. If needed we can provide a premium kibble or raw food for your pet (additional charges will apply).
- We are able to accommodate special diets and administer medications at no extra charge. More complicated daily medical care may result in additional charges.
- We will carefully moniter any health conditions. For your peace of mind the kennel owner is a certified Veterinary Assistant.
- Do you require pick-up or delivery service? We will attempt to accommodate pick-up's and deliveries locally for a small fee of $25 per trip.
- We accept all breeds of dogs including giant breeds.
- At this time we are not boarding cats.
- When you arrive and depart the facility all pets must be on a leash or carried.
- We prefer that dogs over the age of six months be spayed and neutered.
For the safety of all our furry guests, we do require proof of vaccinations for parvo virus and distemper. We ask that your pet has had these vaccinations within the last three years. Alternatively we will accept recent antibody titer tests that indicate immunity. Please bring your proof of vaccination documents with you at the time of drop off.
The health and well-being of your dog is our primary concern. We will closely monitor the health of your pet and take action if required. In the event that your pet requires medical treatment during boarding we will attempt to contact you or your emergency contact for instructions. If we are unable to reach you we will use our own judgment and veterinary advice to make any necessary decisions regarding your pet's care. Please be aware that any veterinary fees incurred during boarding are the financial responsibility of the owner and are payable in full at the time of pick-up.
Health and Temperament
To ensure the health and safety of all our guest's we reserve the right to refuse any dog at check in time that exhibits signs of parasites (fleas, worms etc), contagious virus or any unexplained signs of poor health. If the pet is found to have fleas or parasites during boarding, they will be treated immediately (at the owner's expense) to protect the other boarders from infestation.
We will refuse boarding to aggressive animals that we feel could become a danger to their caretakers or other boarders. Please be aware that it is unwise to board pets that are exhibiting a high level of anxiousness or fear in a kennel environment because they can become a danger to themselves and others.
Tailcreek Kennel, RR 2, Gwynne (Wetaskiwin County), Alberta, T0C 1L0